Our Worship and Leadership Team
We are in search to find the next Rector for Holy Trinity, and to discern what God is calling us to do next.
We are led by the Rev. Everett Klein, our Pastoral Care Priest in Time of Transition, and a caring Vestry, headed by Sr. Warden Susan Lund-Coyle and Jr. Warden Mike Halladay.
We will feature our Call for a New Rector on our website, and are promoting this opening nationally. We have also launched a new strategic plan for Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, which includes new missions and ministries to increase our caring work in the community and live out our faith and gratefulness for God's gifts, in service to our brothers and sisters.
Established in 1869, our parish worships in the oldest church building in Manistee regularly used by an active congregation. Holy Trinity is in the Episcopal Diocese of Western Michigan. We celebrate our 130th anniversary of continuous worship in Manistee in 2018.
The building is of the few hand-hewn stone churches in the area. It was constructed in the style of an English country church of early Norman design (12th Century). The stained glass windows are likewise from that period, in a Romanesque design with Tudor revival elements. A rectory (housing for the priest and family) was built next to the church in 1890.
Eucharist Service (Rite II) is at 10:00am every Sunday. Coffee hour and fellowship follows at approximately 11:00am. Nursery is available for children if requested.
We have an active and dedicated Altar Guild, Prayer Chain, outreach ministries, and Spiritual Direction Program. Our choir is in a temporary hiatus but is always in search of interested members.
Vestry meets monthly on the third Sunday following coffee hour. Periodic lunch programs are hosted by Episcopal Church Women (ECW).